Friday, March 26, 2010

Our FIRST Kid-Free Trip!

So we did it. We took our first kid free trip. It was so fun! A big THANK YOU to Bobi for taking care of the crazies for us while we were gone (and still talking to us after we got back Ü). The things that we noticed were: How little luggage we had to bring, how quick we could pack up, that if we wanted to take a nap we could, that we could spend 2 hours in IKEA and still be sane, and that we still missed the little buggers anyway.

 
We stopped at my sister, Hillary's new house the first night. Here is a pic of her and her daughter Clarissa. It was a good visit, their new house was fun and comfortable, plus we got spoiled by her great baking!


 
 Then we went and met Justin's old roommate and his wife for lunch. They hadn't seen each other since Trace was a baby. It was pretty entertaining listening to their stories. They've know each other since the pre-mission days. They REALLY did have some stories.

 
 For Christmas this year I got Justin some tickets to a Jazz vs. Celtics (Justin's fav. basketball team). The game was Monday. We had fun there (although we had VERY far away seats.) 

This is what our view was:

 It kinda makes me a little dizzy. But the atmosphere was great, not the best night for the Celtics, but fun anyway.


Then we had to visit Temple Square before we left. It was kind of a rainy day. It was nice that the sun peeked out for this picture. We TOTALLY got bombarded by sister missionaries (probably because no one else was out because of the rain). They were so cute! It is amazing how many different languages are spoken there!

It was a good trip. Might have to make it a bit more regular though.

4 comments:

Kimberly said...

Looks like fun! It made me smile to see a picture of Justin and Jon together! I need a break from the kids, but I'm too scared to go anywhere for the rest of this pregnancy which means we are looking at at least another 16 months before I get a trip with out kids! :)

Bobi... said...

Glad you guys were able to get away without the kids! I can't believe it was your first time- cRaZy!! Looks like it was a good trip! IKEA is fab isn't it?!

Unknown said...

I am with Bobi! I don't know how you have gone this long with out "getting away" but I am so glad you did. AND... Bobi rocks, she has helped me more than once to get away or in emergency situations to help me with my "crazies"!!! Now that you have experienced the "pick and go" feeling i am fully expecting to see another post in a few months that you are getting away again;)

tvhaar6 said...

I am so glad that you two had some time together. It looked like lots of fun and you got to see Hillary & Del's new house before I did. What's up with that?