Friday, April 2, 2010

Our April Fools


 For April Fools day I got some ideas from Family Fun. I made a fun dinner for my kids and the Babcocks. We had a blast laughing at the kids. I made mashed potatoes (ice cream) and gravy (caramel syrup) with fish sticks (kit-kat covered in graham cracker crumbs) with ranch (frosting)

 

 Then we had cupcakes (meatloaf with mashed potatoes on top).

 

The drinks were Jello. They just had to see how much they could eat through the straw. It sounded like a group of intoxicated crickets. It was interesting.



 The kids didn't know what to think. Sometimes it is hard to eat something when it looks like something else.

 

Some thought it was fun, but some were NOT amused. Ü In this picture of Ryker, he JUST barely took a bite. He wasn't a fan.

 

 Corden was pretty sure he wouldn't like it either.

 j
 
Trace hardly ate anything! He usually loves all of those things, but couldn't stomach them when they looked like something else. It was a good prank.

3 comments:

Kellie said...

Don't you love Family Fun? They gave me the idea one year to make G green eggs and ham for St Patrick's day and he wasn't impressed either!

Bobi... said...

That was so much fun! So funny how the taste of food magically changes when it looks like something else! Thanks for having us over, the kids had a ton of fun! You really are an amazing woman!

tvhaar6 said...

The faces were great! Next time try toast with salt on it. Your sister did that to me one year.
It is fun once they get use to their April Fools Mom. I wish I could have been there. Love you.