Sunday, March 14, 2010

West Jefferson Junior Miss

Last night was our West Jefferson's Junior Miss program. For those in Montana, it is a pageant/scholarship program. MacKelle and I decided to make it a girls night. We found a seat next to Bobi and enjoyed a GREAT evening! I CAN'T believe the work that goes into those programs!

MacKelle was in little girl heaven! She LOVED all the beautiful dresses and performances! I just had to give you all a few MacKelle quotes from last night:

"Look, Everyone is wearing high heels!"

"She looks like Cinderella, except she plays the piano."
I asked her if that makes her cooler than Cinderella.
"Yes!"

"Hey they are getting out of order!" (spoken Loud enough that a lady 2 rows ahead of us turns around to see who's talking)

"I'm going for the one in the light pink dress, who are you going for?" (I think she liked the dress especially Ü)

"I miss my pillow and my bed" (About 8:30 pm)

"Dang it, ours isn't winning" (when MacKelle noticed the one she picked getting less certificates than some others).

She did tire out kinda quick, but we had a good time. She was so excited she was singing "Girls just wanna have fun" on the way there. It was fun to get to spend a little time just the two of us. It isn't often that I can just sit and hang out with her for 3 hours and hold her on my lap. Mason usually demands someone pay attention to him after about 5 min.

Trace and Justin were still up when we got home. Justin said when it was time for Trace to go to bed, he protested, "but then MacKelle gets to stay up later than ME!" so they stayed up and watched some "Star Wars". That was nice of Justin since he's not a fan. It was a good night, but we had some GRUMPY kiddos today. Ü

1 comment:

Bobi... said...

Jr. Miss was great! I'm glad you two were able to sit by me. What a great night! MacKelle was so cute. It was fun to hear her cute comments!