Monday, September 7, 2009

What a Weekend!

This was a crazy weekend for our whole family, first of all, Justin's birthday was the 6th. We were going to Utah on the 5th and wouldn't be around for his birthday, so I made this cake on Friday. (I made a couple other cakes this week you can check out on my cake blog). Justin had a home game on Friday and after the games are over, the coaches go and eat dinner in the coach's room. So I surprised Justin with this cake for his birthday a little early. The kids wanted to be a part of it, so we all went and sang to him after the game (which was quite the feat, because the games didn't go so well, so none of the coaches were in a real singing mood Ü). The blanket above is his present (which he didn't get until his actual b-day). With the help of a great friend (Thanks Bobi!!!) I made him a T-shirt rag quilt. We cut out all of his old shirts and made them into a quilt. The kids each have a square that they decorated also. I think that it turned out SO Cute! He really loved it and was totally surprised (which doesn't happen much anymore). So after Justin's coach's b-day party, I went home and got the kids in bed, and finally got to bed myself around 11:30. Then the next morning we woke up EARLY at 4:00 am and left for Utah. My nephew, Timmy was getting baptized at 9:30, so we had to leave in time to make it there for that. To top that off, we found out earlier that week that my dad, who had previously left the church was going to be re-baptized that same day! Justin baptized him and Del (my bro-in-law) confirmed him. It was an AWESOME day!! Here is my family after it was all over. I forgot my camera in the car and missed a bunch of photo ops. (someone is supposed to email some of the pictures to me soon).
We left the next day to Logan to visit our good friends, the Hanni family. Janna was so sweet and made us some yummy food, and it was on the 6th (Justin's b-day) so she made him this fabulous butterfinger cake (SOOOO GOOD!). We didn't stay long because during all the fun we had been having, our van started having issues, so we headed home to get it looked at. But before we left Mason and Cooper crawled around together (Mason started to crawl the day before at our hotel room!)




5 comments:

Bobi... said...

Glad you had a good trip! Sorry about your van though! Dang van! I can't believe how fast Mason is growing up! Crawler stage- look out!

Kimberly said...

Your cakes amaze me! How fun to have 2 baptisms in one day!

Nikki said...

I had no idea your dad got rebaptized on the day Timmy got baptized. What a great day for the whole family! Congratulations to you all! I hope I get to see more pictures of the special day- love the one of your cute little family. Once again- amazing cake. Love the blanket too. Great idea.

Sunny said...

That was soooo fun to see you guys! Hillary needs to get on the ball and email us pictures. I'm going to have to start bugging her about that.I'm so glad I was able to be there for such an amazing day. Sounds like your weekend was CRAZY! So glad you guys were able to make it! :)

Lucy said...

Annette, I am so happy for your Dad. That is just so great. Also, that you guys were able to go and make it that much more special. Hope your car is okay. Those kinds of problems are so buggy.