Sunday, September 27, 2009

Ode to the 80's and 90's

Me in 1988 (10 yrs old)

Last night after delivering a cake, Bobi and I went to the mall and checked out some clothes (since we didn't have any kids with us). We were laughing at some crazy styles (Granted we were checking the clearance racks with all the clothing rejects hoping for a treasure). The 80's are back! It is nuts! Tapered pants with zippers on the ends, vests, and belts! On the ride home we were reminiscing about the 80's and 90's trends we wore. Scrunchy socks in neon colors (where you wear 2 colors and alternate the order on each foot), pegging our pants, giant t-shirts with knots or clips on the sides, frizzy side ponytails, hair crimpers, big bangs, and stonewashed denim! I'm sure I could go on and on.

Anyway, my dad was a photographer, and I have these pictures in an old journal and I just HAD to post these. My scanner isn't working, so I took pictures of them and they don't look the best, but you'll get the idea.



Me in 1989 (11 Years)


Me in 1990 (12 yrs old)


me in 1991 (13 yrs old)


Me in 1993 (15 yrs old)


Me in 1994 (16 yrs old)


also in 1994

Ya gotta love the bangs! I've never been real stylish, but this is probably the best I did at keeping up with the trends Ü.

8 comments:

Mike and Kelli said...

Oh Man! I'm so glad I found your blog just in time for these SUH-WEET 80s pictures. YIKES! Teri and Ethan stopped by last night so we could finally meet Gradee (so so cute) and she hooked me up with your blog address so I can stalk you. Congrats on your new addition. Your kids are just adorable. And your cakes? AMAZING!! I don't have a blog, I'm super lame that way. But I am on Facebook, so find me if you're on there and you can see picts of my kids. :) We're expecting our third...just found out. Anyway, are you ever coming to GF?? Promise you'll visit us if you do! Say hello to Justin and the kids for me.
XOXO, Kelli

Nikki said...

Fun pictures!! I believe I recognize many of them. :) And I certainly recognize the styles- I loved through that too. My girls are all about a lot of these styles now too. Plaids and Neon all over their closets!

Bobbi said...

I am loving all your pics. Very cute1 :)

Team Hanni said...

This is fabulous! I love the pictures.

I'm not loving the HUGE hair, and 80's trends coming back... I'm obviously not trendy... :)

Hey - Justin's Mom's cousin came to our ward today. They live in Ririe - she wasn't sure if Justin would remember her or not... it was so fun to talk to someone who knew you guys and was from good old Idaho :)

Sunny said...

I totally remember those pictures too. That's how we knew you then! :) It's crazy that those styles are coming back in style. Should have kept those neon dangly earrings. I would be soo cool now! :) I know Nikki was going to keep her "Hammer pants" so her kids could wear them when they had 80's parties. I wonder if she did. :)

Bobi... said...

We were all so RAD back in the day weren't we! Love the side wings!

Unknown said...

Those pictures were AWESOME!!! Adam and I were just talking about scrunchies the other night and how dead sexy those things were. Um, yikes! You'd think people would learn from that horrible, hideous era that never should have been. I guess I'm just not "cool" anymore, not in with the times. I have officially earned my title of a "lame mom" I suppose. :)

Tay Pam Smith said...

So, I'm a bit behind on commenting, but holy cow, I too remember those days! How fun...NOT!