Sunday, July 12, 2009

Good Luck Hanni Family

Here is the cake I made for the Hannis. Jeff is joining the army to play his trombone in an army band, hence the theme of the cake. We are sure going to miss them. Thank goodness for cell phones, email, and blogs!! At least they won't feel as far away.
This was my first attempt at camoflauge. It was fun to try, but I might have to try it a little different next time.

On the bottom I put wheels made of fondant.






I tried to make some dog tags for them too. I used those food color markers to write on them. It was a fun cake to make. The day before I made this I had to make 250 cupcakes for a reception. This cake was the motivation to make it through frosting all of those. I have decided I'd MUCH rather make a giant cake than 250 cupcakes!!




4 comments:

Bobi... said...

Love the cake Annette! The wheels on the bottom were awesome!

Julie Hall said...

This is pretty dang cool! I'm sure they loved it! I'm sorry the kids and I missed the Party! Our kids would have loved the foam!

Team Hanni said...

How did we get so lucky to have you for friends? Thank you a million times for what you have done for us - We will miss you all so much!

hmmm said...

that cake is amazing! wow.
(and i had no idea that hannis were leaving for the army. that's so crazy. so crazy.)

p.s. have you seen cake boss? you probably know all about it... it's our new fave.