Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Sand Castle Cake


I made this cake for our summer reading program fundraiser. They are having a cake auction tomorrow. I thought that a sand castle cake would be appropriate since it is going to be July. Everything is edible on this cake (with the exception of a couple wood skewers). I thought it turned out cute. The "sand" is graham cracker crumbs, and the shells, umbrella, and shovel are made from fondant.
The kids always want to help me when I'm making cakes, so I baked them each one that they could decorate how they wanted. Here is the finished product!! (MacKelle accidently dropped her's on the floor, so the frosting is a bit smashed-but still beautiful!)

1 comment:

Bobi... said...

They're going to have to hide your cake and auction it off last so that all the other cakes will sell!!! Nice job Annette! Love this cake! Awesome!!